Friday, October 22, 2010

Good news run

From all the early estimates, it was not going to be a good week. However, all that changed with a little jog and conversation on a Monday morning.
I love it when someone preaches Good News to me. I spend my week trying to be attentive to ways of doing that for others and for my community. It's my vocation. It's part of who I am. But, when someone offers that grace to me, my spirit is raised up on eagle's wings.
Two miles out from town, I decided to head back. I noticed a lady out washing her car and waved. As i turned to jog back, something told me to stop and strike up a conversation. So, I put the next 2 miles on hold and met a new friend.
She had lost her husband just 3 months ago, so it turned out to be be a great blessing to converse together. Maybe the exchange that morning was mutually beneficial. All I know is that I left knowing everything was going to be okay this week. If a new widow can stand in her yard and testify to how hard it's been, but also acknowledge she is not alone, I think my problems will work themselves out just fine. "Even in a room with a hundred people, we might feel alone. But, we're not. God is with us."
Now that's Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment