Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No one listens?

Spring is here (You'd think it were summer based on the temps) - which means it's time to hit up some garden centers to spruce up the yard with a few flowers. My wife and I were rummaging through the garden center at Lowes over the weekend when an announcement came over the intercom. "Special assistance needed in the blind cutting area." Did they just say what I think they said? The announcement repeated "Special assistance needed in the blind cutting area." I couldn't hold it in any longer so, I began to laugh out loud. Am I the only one that finds this funny? Sometimes it seems no one else is ever really listening. I tried to explain it to Kathryn and thus passed on the giggles to her. Moments later, the announcement again rings through the store and we both start to giggle. Again, the page is repeated at least a fourth time. Well, if no one else is going to help that blind person cut something, I guess I will before somebody gets hurt. :)
Hope someone listening out there finds this as humorous as I did.
PS-(It turns out there isn't a special cutting area for blind persons. I must admit, I knew Lowes carried and sold decorative blinds, but I thought they all came in boxes in certain sizes. I never knew they did custom blinds or actually "cut" them to size. I guess you learn something new all the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment