Monday, November 30, 2009

Vortex?


Sedona is known today by many as a popular new age center for spiritual energy. You don't have to look far for a place to have a picture taken of your aura or to visit a UFO store. It is also the locale for a number of energy vortexes. A vortex is a swirling center of subtle energy coming out from the surface of the earth. Apparently, if you are sensitive to the more subtle things, the experience of standing at one of these vortexes, and letting the energy flow into you and through you, can be almost overwhelming. People come from all over the world to experience this.
Saturday, we scrambled up Cathedral Rock in Sedona. (Arguably the most beautiful spot in all of Sedona). You can begin to see evidence of the funnel shape energy as you climb past the twisted bark/trunks of junipers scattered around the rockface. I don't know much about the whole vortex thing, or if I experienced my aura being completely balanced that morning. All I know is that as I lay atop Cathedral Rock surrounded by towering rock "judges" on either side and a solitary rock-hewn figure standing directly between them and me, it felt amazing for wind gusts up to 30mph to sweep over me from all four sides. I thought about the Holy Spirit as a mighty rushing wind. And suddenly it happened. All of a sudden, maybe for only 30 seconds, every trace of wind ceased. There was nothing. Silence. Stillness. And I remembered that it was in the still, small voice or silence that the Lord was present. Vortex, aura, Holy Spirit, whatever you wish to call it. I found myself refreshed that morning as I made my way back down the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment